Saturday, January 9, 2010

Date and Lemon Scones




Now don't say it, scones are actually in vogue - well, according to Masterchef Australia anyway, where I got this recipe from. I must admit to being an avid watcher of Masterchef and it really did not help my exercise regime!

So here is a recipe that does not use any butter, no, no lemonade either, but cream. It is extremely simple - love that, and they come out delicious. Now if you can beat this I need to hear about it. And by the way, I actually added another tsp of baking powder to the ones I made today.

Ingredients
100ml milk
100ml cream
1 egg whisked
3 cups self-raising flour
2 Tbsp castor sugar
1 cup chopped dates
zest of 1 lemon

Method
Mix all ingredients together and don't overwork the dough. Use a milk and sugar glaze and cook at 200Celsius for 10-15 mins. To see if they are cooked, tap on the bottom of one. If the sound is hollow they are cooked. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment