Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Hastings Farmers Market

Hastings Farmers Market

Hawke's Bay A&P Showgrounds
Kenilworth Road, Hastings
Every Sunday 8.30am -12.30pm


It was an absolute pleasure to visit the Hastings Farmers Market over the Christmas break. It is held in big open fields with plenty of space for free parking and has a real market feel to it. I think many people had the same idea as there was a huge crowd, but the queues were not large unless you were wanting a coffee!

There was a variety of fruit and vegetables available at very competitive prices and that had to be my highlight. I only wish I could have taken some of the herb and vegetable plants home with me. However, you could not go past the stands of fresh fruit juice, wheatgrass juice and fresh bread; tastings from the Kaweka range, such as Thai chicken curry; Firstlight meats; The Deli for delicious chorizo sausage; Te Mata Mushrooms (see photo of grow your own mushroom buckets), St Andrews Limes (for a range of delicious dressings and sauces - try the lime and passionfruit crush, or lime and vanilla syrup. These are available in many good food stores including Farro Fresh); Farmgate wines, Hawthorne and Bay Expresso coffee, Aunty Celia’s Muesli, just to name a few.

Now, if I lived in the Hawkes Bay, I'd be there every week to get my fruit and veges!

No comments:

Post a Comment